Ok, so I decided that I'd do something different and post a recipe on this blog. I'm a foodie at heart and am excited to put my own recipe out there! Recently I made these chocolate mousse cups topped with raspberry mousse. If I can say so myself, it tastes like a sophisticated recipe with the very dark chocolate and nice consistency. If you're a dark chocolate fan, I would most definitely test the recipe. It's very easy- so please try it if it intrigues you! (and comment if you'd like- I'm open to suggestion!)
Easy Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cups
2 Graham Crackers- crushed (to your desire - whether finely or not)
1 Chocolove Strong Dark Chocolate Bar (3.2 oz.)
1 6 oz. cup plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
About 3/4 cup fresh raspberries- depending on your liking (see pictures)
For the Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Prepare 3 oven safe 6 oz. cups with baking spray.
3. Microwave butter in small bowl until melted (8-12 sec. on HIGH)
4. Add crushed graham crackers and pistachio to melted butter and mix well.
5. Evenly distribute mixture into the 3 cups and press down with fork or spoon
6. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
1. In small bowl, Microwave dark chocolate at 15-second intervals until melted.
2. In 2nd small bowl, mix Greek Yogurt and melted dark chocolate, leaving behind some dark chocolate for drizzling (if desired)- about 1 Tbsp.
3. Split mixture evenly among cups.
1. Add raspberries to tops of each bowl (amount as desired- I used around 5 per bowl)
2. Drizzle chocolate on top of raspberries.
3. Serve immediately- and enjoy!
Notes: I recommend using organic dark chocolate because of its high cocoa content and not-to0-sweet taste. However, any other brand of dark chocolate would likely produce great results-it's dark chocolate!
The crust will be crumbly when it bakes but it adds a nice contrast to the mousse.
The dark chocolate and Greek yogurt combo may be semi-hard to mix initially, but don't worry about the chocolate slightly hardening- the taste will not be sacrificed! (The mousse's result tastes like chocolate chip cream cheese to me!)
Mixing the Chocolate Mousse...
Adding the Final Ingredients...
I'd love to hear what you think (and how you liked it)!